There are times when you wish to create songs in online music collaboration or you wish to sing in a performance. Whichever be the case, we are aware that we should not stress our vocal chords too much during singing or performing. So, here are a few simple tips which you can use to de-stress your vocal chords and keep them at their best during such performances.
- Warming Up: It is important that you spend a bit of your time on warming up your vocal chords prior to any performance or auditioning. You can either sing a bit of your song that you plan to perform or just another one with the same tone, pitch or phrase.
- Drinking Water: Before any performance, you must drink only water that is at room temperature. Do not drink anything cold. This will help you in avoiding dryness in your throat. It may also be a good idea not to drink at least an hour prior to your event to avoid visiting bathroom often. If you really feel thirsty, drink only in sips. Drinking more water does not really help with hydration, but only helps in the flow of your sound.
- Avoid getting Nervous: When you get nervous, your throat closes and then you will need to warm it up again. So avoid getting nervous, especially in the middle of a performance. Be as relaxed as you can be. If you are singing for an audition, imagine that you are singing for your best fans and keep yourself in a positive mindset.
- Breathing: One very simple principle while singing is to breath from the diaphragm and not from the chest. Ensure your shoulders are relaxed and they don’t rise during the breathing process. An important mental note you can think about is to imagine that something beautiful is moving your air upwards while you are singing. This can be useful to maintain your enthusiasm and the tone of your voice as well.
- Between breaks: If you are taking breaks between a practice or a performance, try to avoid taking tea, hot water, peanut butter, any milk related products or chocolates. If you really feel like having something, take a spoon of honey. It will soothe your vocal chords and remove any feeling of soreness in the throat. You will also feel relaxed and de-stressed in your throat. Try out a few scales prior to returning for your performance. You can continue drinking water at room temperature during your performance.
Author: Miley Ray Cyrus was born on November 23, 1992. She is a well-known American songwriter, singer and an actress. During her childhood, she has been using online tools to create songs in online music collaboration. She also played small roles in “Doc” – a T.V. series and “Big Fish” – a film and was starred as Miley Stewart in Disney Channel television series in 2006 when she became an idol for teenagers. Later on, she also signed a recording contract with Hollywood Records.